Monday, May 24, 2010

Finally

At 2 years we tried fruit loops in the potty....that didn't work. At 2 1/2 I tried food coloring in the potty and decorating the potty chair with Spiderman stickers....that didn't work. At 3 years my pediatrician told me to just let him tell me when he needed to try...well, as you can imagine that didn't work either. Since about January of this year Carter has been telling, "mom, I go potty in 5 weeks". Right, that didn't happen either. But last Sunday, when I went to change his pull-up Carter said, "mom, is today 5 weeks?" Umm, yes Carter, today is 5 weeks. And well, that is all it took. It has now been 8 days, only 2 accidents, and our little guy is all potty trained...just like that. Wow, I never new it would be this easy!
and of course, he gives it a big two thumbs up!

4 comments:

Ashley said...

Oh my! That is so great! What a big boy, I cant believe he just switched over, just like that. Probably one of the cutest potty training stories I have heard.

Sara said...

He is SO going to hate these pictures when he gets older :) But the rest of us can enjoy them now! Way to go, Carter!

Holly said...

So glad he finally joined the Potty Training train!! We were all getting a little afraid that Keaton was going to be trained before him...but he showed us!!! Now it's Keaton's turn...wish us luck!!!

Nana (Deb Mennel) said...

I am so proud of Carter!! He has done such a great job! No accidents here, and he always want to make sure we are proud of him!!! Of course we are, who wouldn't be proud!