Monday, November 1, 2010

Don't be a Scaredy Cat

It is just the Cat in the Hat!!
I usually try to make Carters Halloween costumes but this year when he told me that he wanted to be Cat in the Hat, I have to admit that I was immediately a little overwhelmed. So I headed out to the store to find a store bought costume only to hear Carter completely disappointed say,"No, mom. I want it to be fluffy". So with that said I headed to JoAnns in hunt of the fluffiest fabric I could fine. Then without a pattern, a little luck, and a little boy patiently waiting, I cut, and sewed, and ripped a couple seams(more than once) and sewed some more just so he could be the fluffiest Cat in the Hat. And it was cute!!
Below we were at Auntie Holly and Uncle Justin's Halloween Party....just one week after the birth of their 3rd baby lil Miss Kenley! I cannot believe they still hosted their annual party but they did and as always it was a good time. The kids played in the leaves, ran around outside, went on a tractor wagon ride and ate more cupcakes and candy than ever!

Then of course on Sunday it was off to go Trick - or- Treating....but after having his costume on 4 days in a row our little Cat in the Hat refused to paint his face for the big day! Oh well, it was still cute and he had a blast running from house to house!


Above Carter Trick-or-Treats at his favorite neighbor Brandon's house! Brandon has a dog and a few nephews that are Carters age so he just thinks that Brandon is the coolest guy ever...and it probably helps that his wife Amanda is very beautiful!

Our super scary pumpkins...Skeleton (Matts), smiley face (Carter) and the witch, well I am sure I do not have to tell you but yes it is mine!

4 comments:

Jenni Quesenberry said...

Great job! The costume turned out adorable! You are so talented. XOXO

Ashley said...

cute costume! he is lucky to have such a talented mommy!

Nana (Deb Mennel) said...

You did a wonderful job on Carter's costume! He was so cute in it. I know he was very proud to be wearing it. He just loves the Cat in the Hat...knows alot about that!!!!

Kate Godfrey said...

Carter's costume is adorable! You did a fantastic job - that fabric is definitely fluffy. I knew instantly what his costume was, but had no idea that it was handmade. Looks great! Glad you guys are enjoying your Fall!